Monday, October 5, 2009

VeganMoFo #2 - Some Goals

Well, It is my first VeganMoFo. It's also my 10th year being vegan, my 'Vegaversary', if you will. There should be a tiny party, but instead, I'm going to sit here and drink my lavender hot chocolate, imported from the UK by my friend Laura:

Not too shabby, really. It's flaked chocolate and pretty damned amazing.

Well MoFo of the vegan variety, I'm thinking I'd like to go out of my comfort zone with this challenge. Maybe try over the top things like Tofu Wellington, or even give bread-making another shot. Heck, I've got a vegan turducken idea in my head for a while now. It could be a kitchen disaster lesson for us all...
Or it may be a month of me cooking most nights, and posting about 2 to 3 of said nights. That may be a more fair set of goals, and recipes rather than me blathering on about how there will be recipes.

However, in the meantime, I've made:


Pumpkin spice chocolate chip walnut muffins, what I've affectionately dubbed as 'Forbidden Muffins'.
I sense more pumpkin in our future. I also sense a second attempt at chocolate bread.
You will be mine, chocolate bread. Oh yes, you will be mine...

3 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

That hot chocolate looks delicious, I was actually craving some last night! I make chocolate chip pumpkin spice muffins all the time, isn't the flavor combination just amazing?

Mihl said...

Again, congrats on your 10th veganniversary. That is so awesome. Celebrationg with hot chocolate and muffins sounds great.

kim g. said...

Now that the weather has finally cooled off here I can get excited about hot chocolate again! I'm intrigued by the lavender...